It’s the first of December, 1969.
A million lives are about to change.
What will you do if your number comes up?
Run? Fight? Lie? Kill? Bury the evidence and walk away?
Three years after his brother’s death in combat, Boston native Otis Fletcher must decide—quickly—whose life he’s living and how much truth matters.
Fifty years later, the only thing middle-aged geology Professor Cece Paine wants is to get down off her favorite glacier without any drama and home to her husband and son in Vancouver.
Exquisitely crafted, Art Hutchinson’s generation-spanning first novel builds to a shattering crescendo as family secrets come to light.
(click page for full Prologue + links to chapters 1-3)
Sign-up for free exclusive content & news
(about once a month) including, e.g.,
- current writing projects, muses, and short sketches
- book background trivia and deleted scenes
- reader Q&A and feedback
- information about book groups (local and online)
- author appearances and special events
- news on upcoming books (including an in-progress sequel to
Covered With Snow, featuring Professor Cece Paine)
- reviews of other gospel-themed/inspired books
- access to Covered With Snow audio version excerpts
- previews of cover designs (& a chance to vote on them)